Sources of Financial Aid

Some school systems, medical centers and businesses assist Gardner-Webb graduate tudents enrolled in the M.A., M.S.N, Ed.S, Ed.D., and DNP programs in the payment of tuition and fees. Students should inquire in their central offices as to the availability of such funds. Federal Stafford loans are also available to graduate students who complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), as well as assistantship awards on a limited basis. A deferred payment plan is also available for a nominal additional charge.


Graduate Education Scholarship

Each fall a scholarship is awarded to a new student in one of the education master's programs.  The scholarship provides full tuition remission for graduate courses in the student's program.  For an application, contact the Graduate School Office.  Students from under-represented populations are encouraged to apply.

Gravett-Johnson Professional Travel Endowment Fund

Established December 2001 by Dr. Darlene J. Gravett in memory of her parents, Arthur W. and Nadine M. Johnson, this fund provides a limited amount of money to help pay expenses for graduate students in English or English Education who travel to professional conferences to make presentations.  Apply through the English Department Chair.

MSN Scholarships

National League for Nursing
1043 E. Morehead Street Suite 100
P.O. Box 34769
Charlotte, NC 28204
(704) 376-9541
Fax: (704) 376-1243

Forgivable Education Loan for Services (FELS)

The Forgivable Education Loan for Service (FELS) was established by the North Carolina General Assembly in 2011 and the first loans will became available for the 2012-13 academic year. The loan provides financial assistance to qualified students who are committed to working in North Carolina in fields designated as critical employment shortage areas. Please visit the FELS website for additional information including eligibility, award amounts, application procedures, and approved education programs.

Graduate Resident Director Positions

Residence Life employs graduate students to be responsible for the daily operations of a residential area on campus. Compensation includes housing with utilities, a meal plan, a free staff parking permit, and a modest stipend.  More information is available on the Housing and Residence Education website.

Deferred Payment Plan

Initial payment is one-third of the amount due when registering, including a small deferred payment charge, with the remaining balance in two equal payments.  For more information, please visit Student Services.