Apply for Financial Aid

Applying for financial aid is as easy as 1-2-3

  1. Apply for admission and be accepted into a degree program at Gardner-Webb University. You must be admitted in order for us to process your application. 
  2. Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The best method to complete your FAFSA is to use the FAFSA web site and complete the application online. If you need assistance in completing the FAFSA, feel free to contact our office or your admissions counselor for help.
    Gardner-Webb's school code is 002929. When your FAFSA is processed by the federal government you will receive a paper or electronic copy of your student aid report (SAR).
  3. Sometimes the federal government will randomly chose you for a process called verification. If you are selected for verification you must provide all of the requested documents (tax returns, certain worksheets, etc.) in a timely manner.

Important Contacts

  • GWU Graduate Admissions Office: (704) 406-4723
  • GWU Graduate Academic Office: (704) 406-3020
  • GWU Student Accounts Office: (704) 406-4287
  • GWU Financial Planning: (704) 406-4243
  • FAFSA (Federal Government): 1-800-433-3243