Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I use funds from the Webb Cash Account?
On campus dining locations, vending machines, Campus Shop, Campus Post Office, and the Student Accounts Office. Other possible locations in the future might be campus copy machines, Student Computer Services, Print Services, and Campus Recreation Center.


What other features are available?
The Webb Card allows students access to their specific Residence Halls on campus, as well as access to athletic, cultural and other events, material and book checkout in Dover Library and access to the Suttle Wellness Center.


Do all vending machines have card readers installed?
Most vending (drink and snack) machines have card readers.


Do the vending machines accept coin and bills?
The vending machines accept both coins and bills.


How much does it cost to get my new Webb Card?
The first card is free.


What do I do if I have lost my Webb Card?
Always report a missing card to the GWU Student Accounts Office at (704)406-4287 or University Police at (704)406-4444 as soon as you are aware that your card has been lost and/or stolen. Nights and weekends you can suspend activity on your Webb Card by visiting the website at The next day visit the University Police Office during office hours to receive a replacement card.

Where can I make deposits to my Webb Cash account?
Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover) deposits can be made using the web at You can also make deposits using cash, check, and credit cards at the GWU Student Accounts Office (Dover Campus Center) in person, by mail (no cash), or by credit card over the phone. You can check your current Webb Cash account balance using the website noted above.


Can I withdraw funds from my Webb Cash account?
The only time funds can be withdrawn from the Webb Cash account is when a student officially withdraws or graduates from Gardner-Webb University. At that time, any balance of $5 or greater will be refunded by check.


How much does it cost to replace a lost, stolen or damaged Webb Card?
There is a $25 replacement fee for lost or stolen cards. There is a $5 replacement fee for damaged cards. A portion of the damaged card must be submitted for it to be considered damaged.


Who do I contact with questions or problems?
The GWU Student Accounts Office in Dover Campus Center at (704)406-4287