Payment Options - Divinity

Welcome to Gardner-Webb University. We are honored that you have chosen GWU to further your education and offer this synopsis of financial information to aid the transition into your studies.


Each semester the Gardner-Webb University Student Accounts Office will provide an online bill for each student detailing charges (tuition, fees, etc.) and anticipated credits (grants, loans, etc.). For students who are registered, the GWU online bill generally becomes available for review about three weeks prior to the first class of the semester. Later registrants may expect to see an online bill within a matter of days of enrollment. After reviewing the bill, questions regarding charges should be directed to the Student Accounts Office (704 406-4287); questions regarding financial aid should be directed to the Financial Planning Office (704 406-4243).


Please note: The deadline for making payment in full, or for completing all requirements for financial aid or a deferred payment plan, will always occur at the beginning of the semester by the end of the first full week of classes. The actual due date will be provided via the online bill each semester.


Accessing Your Online Bill


  • Go to
  • Log in to your student account.
  • Click on the student account folder on the left.
  • Follow the instructions on the screen to meet your financial obligations for the semester.


The top portion of the billing page reflects your class schedule. The middle of the page includes charges to the left and anticipated credits to the right. Any remaining balance, indicating the amount for which the student remains personally responsible by the due date, is included below the charges section.


Additional links will be listed at the bottom of the online billing page including a deferred payment plan and a link for paying via credit or debit card.


Payment Methods

Any balance may be paid by the due date via one of the following methods:

Cash, check, money order or credit/debit card presented in person to the Student Accounts within the Student Services Suite on the lower level of the Dover Campus Center. (please include student ID number on check memo line).


Check or money order, payable to Gardner-Webb University, mailed to GWU Students Accounts, PO Box 997, Boiling Springs NC 28017.


Credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa or Discover) via the online payment link at any time or by calling the Student Accounts Office between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays at 704 406-4287. Please note that card info is not retained for security reasons. It will need to be resubmitted for each payment made via card. 

Deferred payment plan to be found toward the bottom of the online bill. If charges and credits appear correct, click on the deferred payment link. (Print a copy of the plan before clicking on accept.) Submit the initial payment to the Student Accounts Office by the due date.


GWU Online Student Billing - Frequently Asked Questions

Why should I review my bill online? I have financial aid.
GWU utilizes an online billing system; paper bills are mailed only if the student contacts the Student Accounts Office directly and specifically requests a hardcopy of the semester statement.

Due to generous gifts and endowments, the cost of attending the GWU School of Divinity is made much more affordable; however, students typically will still have personal responsibility for a portion of the semester's expenses. It is important to review the charges and anticipated credits (grants, scholarships, etc.) on your online bill for accuracy, for balances owed, and for payment due dates.

When a student utilizes student loans, it is critical that the student review the online E-awards/eligibility section of Student Financial Aid to ensure all requirements have been completed (loan applications, loan entrance counseling, signing of the master promissory note, etc.). Some students receiving aid are selected for ìverification.î Additional information required for the verification process, such as W2s or other tax documents, should be supplied by the student to the Financial Planning Office in a timely fashion at the beginning of the semester in order to avoid late fees.

Specific questions regarding grants/scholarships may be directed to the School of Divinity (704 406-3205). Direct your questions regarding loans to the Financial Planning Office (704 406-4243). Direct your questions regarding charges, the online bill, or payments to the Student Accounts Office (704 406-4287).


I have excess financial aid. When may I expect my refund? 
Refunds typically become available approximately 10-14 days after aid monies or other payments have been received that pay in excess of the semester's bill. Refund checks normally are mailed to the student's home address that is on file with the Registrar's Office.


My financial aid doesn't cover my bill in full. Do you offer a monthly payment plan? 
Tuition and fees are payable in full at registration; however, the University makes available a deferred payment plan to students who prefer to pay their semester's costs in payments rather than in a lump sum at registration. This plan allows you to pay the balance due over a four month period during the fall and spring semesters (a two-month payment plan is offered during the shorter summer sessions).

The deferred payment plan may be found under the "Use a Payment Plan" link at the bottom of your online bill. Click on the link and the balance for which you are responsible will be broken into payments with amounts and due dates reflected in a copy of the plan (student should print this copy prior to clicking on "accept" for future reference).


The plan includes a $15 application fee and a nominal service fee of 2-percent on the deferred payments. Your student account will reflect the deferred payment arrangement once you have actually made the first payment which will be due the first week of the semester.

Please note that failure to make payments per the agreement may result in late fees and additional interest charges. Unpaid balances are not carried over from one semester to another and all indebtedness to the University must be satisfied before students will be permitted to register for the next semester.


May I charge my textbooks to my student account?
Generally students may not charge textbooks to the student account. The only exception is when a student qualifies for, and accepts, excess financial aid. In that case, a credit balance will appear on the student's account and the student may charge textbooks in the Campus Shop by presenting the student ID card at the Campus Shop register. The card will be swiped at the register and textbook charges will be applied to the student's account.


My address has changed. How do I update my address?
Much of the correspondence from the University will be to your assigned GWU e-mail address. However, it is important to ensure that your mailing address is updated as necessary through the WebbConnect portal via the "Personal Information - Address Change" link online.